The Brain Trust
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Brain Trust

A Forum for All Things Nerd-Face.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Favorite Star Trek Character (if you care)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

FalseAdvertisement

FalseAdvertisement

Me and a friend of mine got in this argument tonight. Mine personal favorite is Data, by far I think hes the best of all time. Even though he an android I feel he is the most human character on the show. My best example would be the episode where Data tests the saying "a watched pot never boils". I like this alot because hes a robot and he measures time exactly, but when Riker tells him to turn his internal timer off he notices the pot boil "sooner" than average. I think this displays an uncommon variety of humanity amongst a group of humans who seem to know everything there is to know about the universe. Data, for the sake of knowledge, discounts all the factual inputs he has for such an experience in order to learn from it, that's why I think hes probably the most human character on the show because he discounts factual knowledge for pure experience aside from fact.

Raspar!

Raspar!
Admin

I'd go Picard. Thinking back on it he feels like the only real captain of a ship like that. Kirk was way to young to be a captain of such an important ship. But also because he was so well educated and refined as a character, he was reminiscent of captains of old as I imagined them. And Patrick Stewart is a badass.

https://hadokant.forumotion.com

RadicalDreamers

RadicalDreamers

Spock for me. i love that he has no emotion. i love the mythos of the vulcans, but like i said i was star trek fan not next gen. bill hader was a big fan of voyager and enterprise.

RadicalDreamers

RadicalDreamers

Favorite Star Trek Character (if you care) Insp_expendability

RadicalDreamers

RadicalDreamers

you gotta love the throwaways.

RadicalDreamers

RadicalDreamers

Favorite Star Trek Character (if you care) Ab2Oy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]